GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 4.1.1 Download
Step 0. Prerequisite
Step 1. Download
Step 2. Install
This command will extract GlassFish with a preconfigured 'Domain1' domain.
Step 3. Start
Step 4. Load Console
Go to http://localhost:4848
Step 5. Check the documentation
Oracle GlassFish Sever is commercially supported version of GlassFish v3. It is recommended for production environments.
OGS includes GlassFish Server Control, a suite of tools that improves manageability of production deployments, including:
- Monitoring Scripting Client enables custom monitoring scripts using fine-grained probes
- Domain Backup and Recovery enables scheduled, automated backups of a live domain server
- Performance Tuner enables up to a 300% performance improvement over out-of-the-box configuration
- Active Cache for GlassFish enables out-of-the-box replacement of in- memory replication with Coherence for more robust, flexible high availability
- Oracle Access Manager integration to enable single sign-on of applications and services
- Load Balancer Web Server Plug-in & Installer for balancing load across cluster instances and smart failover on instance failure.
Please read the GlassFish Roadmap Update post, which contains important information on the Oracle GlassFish Server roadmap
The Java EE 7 SDK is free integrated development kit used to build, test, and deploy Java EE 7 applications; it includes :
- GlassFish 4.1 Open Source Edition
- Java EE 7 Code Samples
- Jave EE 7 API Documentation
- Java EE 7 Tutorial
- Your First Cup: An Introduction to the Java EE Platform
The Java EE 7 SDK can be downloaded from this page.
As an open source project, GlassFish is being developed in an open and transparent manner. Development versions of ongoing work for the next GlassFish iteration are available. Just browse the following directory to download a GlassFish Nightly Build.
Check this wiki page for more details on Java EE 7 Maven Coordinates.
Older version of GlassFish Server Open Source Edition can be found on the GlassFish Archives page.
Older versions of Oracle GlassFish Server and Sun Java System Application Server can be downloaded on the GlassFish - Java Archive Download page.
Oracle GlassFish Customers are advised to check the Master Note for GlassFish Server available on the My Oracle Support site.
WARNING: These older versions are provided to help users debug issues in older systems. They are not necessarily updated with the latest security patches and as such are not recommended for use in production.