Java API for WebSocket 1.0 (JSR 356)
This page describes recommended areas for providing feedback for Java API for WebSocket 1.0 as part of the Adopt-a-JSR effort for Java EE 7.
Learn WebSocket 1.0 concepts in this video:
Recommended Areas for Providing Feedback
- Download and use with the WebSocket RI (already integrated in GlassFish 4)
- Create endpoints using annotations.
- Explore programmatic endpoint, especially on ease-of-use and flexibility.
- Try applications across multiple browsers and devices.
- Create subprotocols over WebSocket endpoint.
- Try integration with other Java EE technologies - such as EJB, CDI, JPA, and Servlets.
References for Getting Started
- JCP: JSR 356
- Specification: websocket-spec.java.net
- Reference Implementation: tyrus.java.net
- Test Cases